Does your charity want to strengthen the diversity of your Trustee Board?
Volunteer Centre Tower Hamlets (VCTH) is delighted to announce the launch of its newest service - the Minority Ethnic Trustees (METs) programme. METs recruits and trains Tower Hamlets residents from minority ethnic communities, skilling and empowering them to become great trustees. We then introduce trainees to local registered charities, creating lasting matches that will have impact.
METs will help your charity strengthen the diversity of your trustee board. In turn this will enable you to:
- Add new skills, abilities, perspectives and experiences at board level, helping better, more inclusive decision-making
- Increase involvement from Tower Hamlets residents, giving local communities greater voice
- Demonstrate your anti racist commitment to addressing inequality by increasing involvement of minority ethnic residents in leadership and governance roles.
METs is completely free. To qualify your organisation must meet these criteria:
- Be registered with the Charity Commission. Charities of all sizes can join but small and medium organisations are especially welcome, as are minority-led charities.
- Be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, with a genuine intention to involve trustees from minority ethnic communities.
- Have at least one trustee vacancy and be able to appoint any new trustee(s) between 1 August and 30 September 2022.
- Expect to be financially solvent for the next 12 months.
- Identify at least one senior person who can represent you and participate in the programme between now and 30 September 2022. Your representative(s) will be asked to provide information about your charity, attend an evening matching event in late July 2022, and lead on trustee selection. They can be your Chair of Trustees, a trustee responsible for Board recruitment, your Chief Executive, or any combination.
Sound good? Volunteer Centre Tower Hamlets would love to hear from you. We have space for 12 organisations to participate, so don’t delay. Please email Cath Bavage at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form, or with any questions, as soon as possible.